Welcome to SDSI online pre-evaluation portal
The joint MA program “Service Design strategies and innovations” (SDSI) is a new international Master in Northern Europe with a focus on service design, management, and leadership.
SDSI is open to candidates who are passionate about service design and aim at becoming the Lead of Service Design. BA degree of at least 180 ECTS or a second-level professional higher education diploma is required in humanitarian sciences, arts, information and communication sciences, the social and human sciences, or science in business administration. Professional work experience is preferable and might give you a competitive advantage but is not a prerequisite for studying with the SDSI.
Are you our ideal candidate?
We welcome candidates and future leaders who are passionate about service design and aiming at becoming leaders in service design. We value diversity and welcome students from a range of geographical locations, nationalities, and backgrounds.
We encourage you to apply if one of the following statements describes you:
- A mid-level or senior professional from industry or the public sector who can demonstrate creative talents and leadership in innovative projects
- Self-employed professional
- Emerging entrepreneur
- Motivated individual
- Education documents (diploma and transcript of records) and English translations;
- Proof of English proficiency: TOEFL, IELTS, Duolingo English Test (or similar) or has completed on-site secondary education, Bachelor’s or Master’s degree taught fully in English in one of the following countries: EU/EEA member states, USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Switzerland, United Kingdom. Please note that the transcript of record must include that studies were conducted fully in English;
- Letter of Motivation;
- Copy of the data page of your passport or ID card;
- Admission assignment;
NB! It is important to properly cite and reference any sources used in your motivational letter and admission assignment. It has to be authentic, otherwise, the university has the right to dismiss your application.
The Duolingo English Test which is an online English proficiency test that can be taken online, on-demand, in under an hour for only $49. The test is taken via a computer with a camera and includes a proficiency score, video interview, and writing sample which are shared with the SDSI (Art Academy of Latvia) when you send your results. Certified results are available within 48 hours of the test sessions.
More info: here
How to Apply?
- Select “Sign in / register ” at the top right of the page.
- Create your account. Please indicate an email address that you regularly check, as it will be used for all communications related to the application process.
- Fill in the application and upload the compulsory attachments including the admission assignment.
- Is open until February 28, 2023
- Online Interview: March 13-24, 2023
- Communication of results to candidates: March 27-31, 2023
All eligible applicants will be evaluated by the SDSI Admissions Committee taking into account the following elements:
- The academic quality (qualification) of the applicant, judged primarily by the results of previous university studies.
- The applicant’s motivation and rationale for applying in terms of previous studies, work experience (if applicable), and future career plans in relation to SDSI’s objectives, as judged by the CV in combination with the letter of motivation.
- The applicant’s admissions assignment, judged on how the materials demonstrate the applicant’s service design potential – the process applied, creativity, visual thinking, social value and sustainability of the proposed solution for the selected service challenge.
- The applicant’s English language proficiency as assessed by the submitted certificate (if applicable) and interview.
1. Eligibility check:
- Academic eligibility, i.e., proof of valid previous education;
- applicant’s English language proficiency as assessed by the submitted certificate (if applicable));
- for scholarship candidates – geographical eligibility according to the list of the World’s regions and countries, whose citizens are eligible for the Erasmus Mundus scholarship, based on the Grant agreement conditions with the EACEA on the project No. 101082388 “Joint Master’s Degree Programme in Service Design Strategies and Innovations”.
2. Round 1 – 30% weight in the final admissions’ grade:
- The applicant’s motivation and rationale for applying in terms of previous studies, work experience (if applicable), and future career plans in relation to SDSI’s objectives, as judged by the CV in combination with the letter of motivation; 20% weight in the total grade in Round 1;
- The applicant’s admissions’ assignment has to demonstrate the applicant’s service design potential – the process applied, creativity, visual thinking, social value and sustainability of the proposed solution for the selected service challenge; 80% weight in the total grade in Round 1.
3. Round 2 – individual interview; 70% weight in the final admissions’ grade. 100 best applicants from the Round 1 will be invited for interviews. The applicants will have the opportunity to present themselves, and orally once more persuade the Admissions’ Committee of their motivation and the service design potential. Q&A session with representatives of the Admissions’ Committee.
Please read the Selection Criteria as well as the Application Procedure carefully before submitting an appeal.
- Applicants who do not submit the required documents by the established deadlines should not appeal.
- Applicants who have followed the application procedure and met the deadlines, but have been rejected due to failure to meet selection criteria and have reason to believe that a mistake was made during the selection process, have the right to appeal the decision of the selection committee.
The appeal process relates to how your proposal was handled during the evaluation and eligibility review process. It is not an automatic re-evaluation. Please note that any new information or clarifications that should have been included in your proposal will not be considered. If, after reading the above conditions, you still have reason to believe that a mistake has been made, please send an email to the Head of SDSI Ilze Kundziņa at email@example.com with all required information (name, email address and a detailed explanation of why you believe a mistake has been maid) for reconsideration by the SDSI Admissions’ Committee. All appeals must be submitted before April 10. Appeal results will be emailed to the applicant before April 20.